Development of Materials Chemistry under High Pressures
|Gérard M. Demazeau|
Institut de Chimie de la Matiere Condensée de Bordeaux, ICMCB - CNRS, 87 avenue du Dr Albert Schweitzer, Pessac 33608, France
The synthesis of novel materials under high pressures conditions is analyzed through different factors:
- the energy conveyed by pressure compared to that using temperature,
- the thermodynamical effects associated to the specificities of pressure parameter [densification (DV<0), Le Chatelier's rule, the compression of atoms…],
- the chemical effects mainly associated to the enhancement of the reactivity between precursors under high pressures(improvement of the kinetics, improvement of the reactivity at the interface solid/liquid phases, development of reactive pressure…).
This analysis has allowed to develop in the Network D30/003 - through a strong overlap of competences between all involved teams - original research activities mainly focussed on four domains in Materials Chemistry:
- Structural transformations induced by high pressures,
- Synthesis of novel materials,
- Crystal-growth under High pressure,
- Opening of new processes.
Presentation: Oral at COST action D30 Mid term evaluation meeting, by Gérard M. Demazeau
See On-line Journal of COST action D30 Mid term evaluation meeting
Submitted: 2006-02-06 15:18 Revised: 2009-06-07 00:44
|© 1998-2021 pielaszek research, all rights reserved||Powered by the Conference Engine|