|Search for content and authors|
Noncentrosymmetric halide borate: K3B6O10Cl
Xinjiang Technical Institute of Physics and Chemistry Chinese Academy of Sciences(Urumuqi)830011 P.R.China, Beijing south road 40# add 1#, urumuqi 830011, China
|A perovskite-like phase, K3B6O10Cl exhibits a large second harmonic response about four times that of KH2PO4 (KDP) and is transparent from the deep UV (180 nm) to middle-IR region. A high quality single crystal of K3B6O10Cl with dimensions up to 30 × 15 × 7 mm3 was successfully grown by the top-seeded solution growth method. Crystal morphologies and growth habits of K3B6O10Cl grown with seeds oriented along  and  were studied, and the best growth direction was obtained., The refractive indices of the crystal were measured by the minimum deviation technique and fitted to the Sellmeier equations.The nonlinear optical coefficients have been determined by the method of Maker fringes at λ=1064 nm. The suitable nonlinear optical coefficients as well as comparatively easy crystal growth make the K3B6O10Cl crystal a promising candidate for NLO materials[2-9].
1. Born, M.; Wolf, E.; Principles of Optics, Pergamon, Oxford, 1975.
2. Chen, C. T.; Wu, B. C.; Jiang, A. D., etc. Sci. Sin. B 1985, 28, 235.
3. Chen, C. T.; Wu, Y. C.; Jiang, A. D., etc. J. Opt. Soc. Am. B 1989, 6, 616.
4. Wu, B. C.; Tang, D. Y.; Ye, N.; Chen, C. T. Opt. Mater. 1996, 5, 105.
5. David, C. Nature 2009, 457. 953.
6. Wu, H. P.; Yu, H. W.; Pan, S. L.,* ect. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2013, 52, 3406.
7. Yang, Y.; Pan, S. L.;* Han, J., Cryst. Growth Des., 2011, 11, 3912.
8. Yu, H. W.; Wu, H. P.; Pan, S. L.,* ect. J. Mater. Chem., 2012, 22, 9665.
9. Yang, Y.; Pan, S. L.;* Hou, X. L., ect. J. Mater. Chem., 2011, 21, 2890.
Presentation: Oral at 17th International Conference on Crystal Growth and Epitaxy - ICCGE-17, Topical Session 6, by Shilie Pan
See On-line Journal of 17th International Conference on Crystal Growth and Epitaxy - ICCGE-17
Submitted: 2013-03-28 06:38 Revised: 2013-07-18 20:29