The organization of international cooperation in the field of materials science
|Leonid I. Chernyshev 1, Petro Smertenko 2, Jerzy Tokarski 3|
1. Frantsevich Institute for Problems of Materials Science (IPMS), 3, Krzhizhanivsky Str., Kiev 03680, Ukraine
Development of European Research Area (ERA) deals with some creative ideas:
- Enable researchers to move and interact seamlessly, benefit from world-class infrastructures and work with excellent networks of research institutions;
- Share, teach, value and use knowledge effectively for social, business and policy purposes;
- Optimise and open European, national and regional research programmes in order to support the best research throughout Europe and coordinate these programmes to address major challenges together;
- Develop strong links with partners around the world so that Europe benefits from the worldwide progress of knowledge, contributes to global development and takes a leading role in international initiatives to solve global issues.
The achievement of main innovation goals in ERA has to be supplied by various tools and mechanisms: first of all this is 7th Framework Program (FP7) and COST, EUREKA, European Technology Platform (ETP), Joint Technology Initiatives (JTI). Each of these programs has own tasks: for example, ЕТP is focused on technological directions which manage competitiveness of Europe and plays a key role in improvement of the coordination of scientific and technical priorities of EU with needs of industry. JTI follows mainly from ETP and is called to solve problems which have to be solved to achieve the planned purposes, but which can not be solved by existing tools.
Through its flexible and decentralised Network, EUREKA offers project partners rapid access to a wealth of knowledge, skills and expertise across Europe and facilitates access to national public and private funding schemes.
Individual, cluster and umbrella EUREKA projects cover practically all main scientific directions and promote collaboration between science and business.
New Eurostars Program, joint between EUREKA and FP7, is the first European funding and support programme to be specifically dedicated to SMEs and good example of synergy in ERA.
Presentation: Invited oral at E-MRS Fall Meeting 2008, Symposium I, by Leonid I. Chernyshev
See On-line Journal of E-MRS Fall Meeting 2008
Submitted: 2008-05-12 16:09 Revised: 2009-06-07 00:48
|© 1998-2022 pielaszek research, all rights reserved||Powered by the Conference Engine|